Sunday, August 14, 2011

cranberry butter cookies

Butter cookie has always been one of my personal favourite since childhood. The fragrant, the melt-in-your-mouth texture, the rich taste of butter... all of that coupled by the fact that butter cookie was hard to come by during those days, made butter cookie one of the highlight of festive seasons like CNY or occasions for celebration like birthdays.

Nowadays, with cookies getting more sophisticated with new tastes and concepts, the good old simple butter cookie still has a special place on my cookie list. Though now, I am much more conscious of its butter and sugar content.

Maybe because of the high expectation I have for butter cookie or the fear of disappointment, I had never tried making butter cookie at home. When I came across this cranberry butter cookie recipe that doesn't look too difficult to make, I decided that I should have a go at it.

Cranberry Butter Cookie

115g cake flour
1 tbsp egg (beaten)
75g butter
60g sugar (I cut down to 50g)
35g cranberry

1. Mix sugar with melted butter until combine. No need to beat.
2. Add in the beaten egg. Mix until combine.
3. Fold in the cranberry. Mix until combine.
4. Fold in the flour and mix until combine. Use hand to mold the batter into the shape of a rectangular block (approx 4 cm x 6 cm). Cover with parchment paper and refrigerate in the fridge for at least an hour for batter to harden (remember, not the freezer).
5. When the batter block has hardened, cut the block into pieces of approx 0.7 cm thick.
6. Bake in oven preheated at 180 degree C for approx. 20 mins.




The cookies turned out absolutely as tasty as any butter cookies should be, with cranberries adding some chewy texture. Phew.. at least I can say I did not do any injustice to my old time favourite.


Recipe adapted from 君之's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...