Friday, July 29, 2011
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
2 1/2tsp green tea powder
1 cup tofu (soft)
3 tbsp butter, melted
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup pancake mix
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Sift together pancake mix and green tea powder. Set aside.
3. Drain water from the tofu package.
4. In a bowl, whip tofu until smooth with a blender or food processor.
5. Beat in egg, butter and sugar.
6. Add the flour mixture (pancake mix and green tea powder), mix thoroughly.
7. Pour batter into a loaf pan, and bake about 30min.
For the tofu, I used normal silken tofu (for steaming) available at local supermarket. The cake tasted moist, supple and quite fragrant but the texture was slightly on the dense side and more pancake-like (which is understandable since pancake mixture was used). The bakery bought version was much lighter and more fluffy. So while the 4 of us finished the whole cake, I still prefer the lighter and fluffier version.
So that night, I tried searching on Chinese language websites instead and found a couple of different versions. Maybe I will give them a try in future.