These cookies are soft, almost cake-like, with a very slight crunch on the edges. They may not be your cup of tea if you prefer chewy or hard cookies. But I find them quite pleasing to my palate, though I kinda expected them to be harder. They are definitely tasty.. and a great choice to satisfy the my choco craving without feeling too guilty... *grin*...
Low Fat Double Chocolate Cookies
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, beat olive oil and sugar until well done. Add egg and vanilla and mix until well blended.
2. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Gradually add dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Drop cookie dough by spoon onto baking tray lined with parchment paper, spacing them with enough distance for spreading.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 190 degree C for 8-10 mins. Let cool on the sheet for 1 min, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe is adapted from lowfatcooking.about.com.