I simply just looove this recipe.. it is so easy to put together, smells so aromatic while baking, tastes so yummilicious and best of all, absolutely healthy for a sweet treat... all the qualities I look for for a home-baked recipe :)
Low Fat Banana Chocolate Chip Quick Bread
1 large very ripe banana (mashed)
85 ml honey (I used clover honey)
3 tbsp olive oil
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 cup flaxseed (optional)
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven at 180 degree C.
2. In a bowl, whisk together banana, honey and olive oil.
3. In another bowl, sift all dry ingredients.
4. Gently whisk in the flour mixture into the banana mix, until just combined.
5. Pour into a greased loaf tin and bake for approx 30 mins or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. Cool in the baking tin for 10 mins, then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe is adapted from the food coach.
This quick bread is really moist and soft, without being too dense (like those commercial banana bread or cake) and the flaxseeds add a nice contrasting crunch to it. It is definitely a good option for breakfast over a cup of nice coffee.. or to have with tea in the afternoon. Add a scope of vanilla ice cream, and you have a fabulous dessert ready instantly. Now, that's versatile for me :)